Home Guidebook Launch Discord Launch Stand-Alone Cbox Subscribed Topics Members Search Arcade

Welcome to Zootropolis Chronicles mobile mode!

HomeGuidebookAlertsSubscriptionsMembersSearchArcade

Stand-Alone CBOX Discord Chat - Get the App! (Android) I-Phone App Store

Return to the Home Page Read the Guidebook Log Into Mark of the Wild Register to the Forum View Forum Members Search for Content on Mark of the Wild Advertise on Mark of the Wild

Forum Rules Zootopia's Criminal Underground - Gripped in Fear

Tundra Town is an isolated district at the Northern spaces of Zootopia, here the artificial climate is frigid and dense. Due to it's massive grounds, there is a diverse population thriving throughout the area.

Flanked By Sahara Square, Tundra Town is circumnavigated by the Zootopia Express Train that cuts through the center of the district. With evens procuring at all hours of the day, Zootopia police have a heavy presence in the area, especially due to the fact that the Tundra Town can be considered to be the entrails of Zootopia's criminal underground.

Thriving heavily in the area and influencing nearly every decision in Tundra Town is the headquarters to what is presumed to be Zootopia's largest crime Lord, The Bigs. They are known to quarrel often with the Gulos, another major crime family that has massive influence throughout Zootopia.

One should take caution when navigating these parts of the city as the presence of both crime families are strong and can be felt by everyone. As both families virtually own nearly all the business in the district, it would seem that in every aspect, they are supporting the operation behind each dollar that is spent here.

Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post ) New Poll

A day at the Whole Hog Tunes, Gary & Willie (Maybe others can join ?)
Gary Marceau
 Posted: Nov 29 2017, 02:30 PM

ZC
I'm Played By BigBoot

Saanen Goat 

Pianist 

Awards
Awards: None

Gary smiled because of the coincidence of Willie. Else, the public was convinced by the band name. If it was their choice, the pianist woudln't say no. That's how « Savages » was created. After the four mammals found the name, Jack seemed excited he was already talking about future plans.

-Hé hé ! Everything in is own time.
The goat snickered

-I can improvise. However, create new songs is an other matter. About covers, so far, I haven't got troubles when I play Chopin or Mozart. Ok, they are dead for a long time.

@Willie
@Lupin le Wulfe
PM
^
Willie
 Posted: Nov 30 2017, 12:56 PM

ZC
I'm Played By TheHook

Carpathian Wild Boar 

Mucis store owner 

Awards

"Hey, hey, slow down there Jackie. We need to get equipment together, write some new songs, get some cover songs. We got work ahead of us dude, you can't rush awesomeness."

As eager as Willie was to get a band off the ground, he had to agree more with Gary and Lupin on this one. Jack was getting ahead of himself perhaps, and I would take time to prep before a real public outing. But if he had to pick a first venue soon the Wounded Gazelle would be a great spot. Hopefully no one would cry foul when Jack, his best friend, a music store owner, and the son of a famous composer all got billing at the bar.

@Lupin le Wulfe
@Gary Marceau
PM
^
Lupin le Wulfe
 Posted: Dec 3 2017, 04:34 AM

ZC
I'm Played By Lupin

Grey wolf 

Shop owner/aspiring musician 

Awards

“Yeah, hold on to your horse shoes, Jack! I am as eager as you are about this thing too but let’s not get ahead of ourselves.”-Lupin agreed with Willie and Gary. “Alright, alright. Sorry about it guys. I can’t believe how excited I got about this myself.”-Jack admitted.

“Anyhow I can arrange that we get the next spot on the saturday live event we have at the Gazelle. We can stick to playing covers for the mean time. I’m sure it would draw a nice crowd and the bar benefits from it as well with the sales for the drinks.”-Jack said.

“Sounds like a plan to me. What do you guys think?”-Lupin asked.

@Willie
@Gary Marceau

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Gary Marceau
 Posted: Dec 5 2017, 12:33 PM

ZC
I'm Played By BigBoot

Saanen Goat 

Pianist 

Awards

Jack was lucky Gary was available for next days. Even if he reproached him for his empressement, the pianist wasn't against to go at the Gazelle. The goat took his smartphone with a photo of him and his sister in a bistrot as his phone wallpaper. Then he was typing the event in his electronic agenda.

-If we can play and spend a good time, why not. By the way, is there some smokers ?

Gary put his mobile in his pocket and took a cigarette. He didn't smoke for the moment. Indeed, the Pawrisian placed his cigarette between his ear and his temple.

@Willie
@Lupin le Wulfe
PM
^
Willie
 Posted: Dec 5 2017, 05:44 PM

ZC
I'm Played By TheHook

Carpathian Wild Boar 

Mucis store owner 

Awards

"Hell I'm in, we can practice here while we get ready. I'll even give you guys a discount for the gear and time." He had himself a good chuckle about that, although he wasn't exactly kidding. As much as he knew this new band would bring in money and customers, it cost money to maintain his gear and space.

"Sorry Gary, non-smoking area. We got a tight space in here with shit ventilation, gonna have to go outside to light one up." He felt bad about making customers smoke outside in the frigid Tundratown cold, but he had kids, the elderly, and people with conditions in his store. And in such a confined space smoke would build up quickly.

@Lupin le Wulfe
@Gary Marceau
PM
^
Lupin le Wulfe
 Posted: Dec 11 2017, 08:49 AM

ZC
I'm Played By Lupin

Grey wolf 

Awards

“Well I do have a guitar already, but it’s an acoustic one so I do need to get an electric one.”-Lupin said the paused for a second. “I would appreciate it if I could buy it from here and get some help with choosing out the one best suited for me. You look like you have experience with instruments, Willie. Would you help me with that problem?”-he asked the wild boar sincerely.

The wolf never really sank too much time to gain knowledge about the very instrument he learnt how to play. So he was clueless as to what to look for in a guitar when choosing or what different wood types meant for the sound it produced, what brands are considered good and so on.

“Sounds good to me. Plus, Gary once we play at the Gazelle you can smoke all you want. We’re probably one of the last places in this city that haven’t banned smoking inside the building. Most of the customers are smokers themselves. However we do separate smoking and non-smoking customers pretty neatly, so if someone who doesn’t like the very smell of it can rest assured enjoy themselves without the smoke, or the scent of cigarettes entering their zone.”-Jack explained in a very long monologue almost sounding like an ad for their bar. “Sorry, did I get carried away?”-he asked what followed was the subtle nod of the rest of the group.

@Willie
@Gary Marceau

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Gary Marceau
 Posted: Dec 15 2017, 04:45 PM

ZC
I'm Played By BigBoot

Saanen Goat 

Pianist 

Awards

-Uh... No worries. I usually smoke outside.

Gary was embarassed to the extent that Jack seems rassure the goat that there is a place where smoking was allowed. Indeed, the Pawrisian wasn't a difficult person, even if he was the son of a conductor. A detail came to his mind when Lupin thought to take an electric guitar.

-Is there a piano at the Gazelle ? In the worst case, I would like to buy an electric piano. It would be easy to transport. However, I wouldn't hide it bothers me to have two pianos. I have already an acoustic one which take up a lot of place in my apartment.

Gary didn't live in a spacious apartment like in Pawris. He tried to save money in order to rent a larger one and buy a car. Moreover, he couldn't see himself play the electric piano just for the band only and then abandon it when he praticed with the acoustic piano because the sound quality was better or when the place provided a one for his solo performances. Anyway, it would depend on the projects of the band and the Gazelle.

@Willie
@Lupin le Wulfe
PM
^
Willie
 Posted: Dec 16 2017, 10:01 AM

ZC
I'm Played By TheHook

Carpathian Wild Boar 

Mucis store owner 

Awards

"Sure man, I'll help you out." He replied to Lupin, placing his bass on a nearby stand. "As for you, Monsieur Marceau, I think a keytar would look nice on you."

He couldn't resist the bringing up the image of the stiff and proper goat wielding the ultimate symbol of the musical insanity of the 1980's.

"I'll take Loop here out for a tour of the axes, you guys got run of the store." Throwing a hand over Lupin's shoulder he almost dragged the wolf out through the dispersing crowd and toward the guitar section.

@Lupin le Wulfe
@Gary Marceau
PM
^
Lupin le Wulfe
 Posted: Dec 30 2017, 03:24 AM

ZC
I'm Played By Lupin

Grey wolf 

Awards

With the crowd slowly dispersing, and only a few remaining in the shop -either to look around and potentially buy something or remaining there to witness every little detail about the forming of the band so if they make it big they could tell their friends that they were there at the beginning- Lupin and Willie approached the section of the shop that held the electric guitars.

“I know this is going to be a dumb question but what should I look for when I’m choosing an electric guitar? Does it matter what kind of wood was used for its parts?”- the wolf asked.

Meanwhile Jack and Gary remained in the practice room. “I don’t think we had a chance to formally introduce ourselves yet.”- the cheetah paused for a second. “My name’s Jack Spotter. I’m one of Lupin’s friends. We went to the same high school. My famili owns and runs the ‘Sicly Gazelle’ in Savannah Central Park. I work as a bartender there.”- Jack offered his paw for a pawshake.

@Willie
@Gary Marceau

(OOC: Sorry for the long wait. There has been some stuff that came up, and my low muse didn't exactly help either.)

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Gary Marceau
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 01:56 PM

ZC
I'm Played By BigBoot

Saanen Goat 

Pianist 

Awards

Gary knew classical or electronic pianos. However, he didn't thought about keytars. When Willie gave him the instrument, the goat was like a child who received a gift which he didn't know how to work. Even if the piano keys was here, Gary had never played a piano in the shape of a guitar. The pianist tried his new instrument. At first he was unsettled, but he stayed intrigued. If the Pawrisian wore 80's clothes, he would be like he had traveled through time.

-Very exotic. I don't know why I didn't think of it. I'll have to get used to it.

After he tried the keytar, the cheetah approached the goat in order to know each other. Gary shook his paws.

-I see. I'm Gary Marceau. Pianist and the son of a composer. I lived in Pawris. If I often talk French or I have some hesitations, it's normal.

@Willie
@Lupin le Wulfe
PM
^
Willie
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 12:26 PM

ZC
I'm Played By TheHook

Carpathian Wild Boar 

Mucis store owner 

Awards

"Yeah, its a little gimmicky but damn if it isn't eye catching." He said, patting the goat on the back and leaving him with the cheetah. Besides, Lupin was already looking for a guitar and it was rather clear he was a novice when it came to the electrics. Moving in next to the wolf, he began his explanation.

"There's a lot of things that go into a guitar. The wood, the size, the strings, the shape, its complicated stuff. But if you want me opinion, you can't go wrong with a nice Gibbon or a Render."

@Lupin le Wulfe

@Gary Marceau
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Tundratown | Next Newest »

Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 5  New Poll

Affiliates are auto-hidden in mobile only. Show them?
Listed At...
RPG-D
Sister Sites
Static
Digimon: Kids in America Savagery RPG The Pride Lands' Guard: A Lion Guard Roleplay World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP Rise of the Believers A world unlike any other! The Bleach Society Role-Play Doutaini: Elemental Wolf RP Transformers Prime: Convergence Rise of the Realms Azelania Baraenor, Lion RP The Duality of Man: an animanga role-play RoyalsandRebels Vector

Click Here Invite Code to Discord