Home Guidebook Launch Discord Launch Stand-Alone Cbox Subscribed Topics Members Search Arcade

Welcome to Zootropolis Chronicles mobile mode!

HomeGuidebookAlertsSubscriptionsMembersSearchArcade

Stand-Alone CBOX Discord Chat - Get the App! (Android) I-Phone App Store

Return to the Home Page Read the Guidebook Log Into Mark of the Wild Register to the Forum View Forum Members Search for Content on Mark of the Wild Advertise on Mark of the Wild

Forum Rules The Heart of the City

Downtown city Central is the business heart of all of Zootopia. Unlike the other districts of the city, here all mammals roam freely. This is where all the state offices are located, including the Zootopia Police Department, the DMV and the Mayor's building.

Due to the nature and location of Downtown, it is frequent in activity and therefore having a heavy police presence. Parking regulations are strictly enforced and watchful eyes seek out members of either crime family, The Bigs and the Gulos.

Life here is fairly busy, the streets are always teeming with activity and police intervention can be seen in every corner of the city-scape. The climate is moderate and resources are plentiful. One will find that this section of the city is teeming with business -including many fine-dining restaurants, and attractions such as theaters and stadiums to hold special events.

New Poll

Opening Old Wounds
Spartak Alexeev
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 02:38 AM

ZC
I'm Played By N/A

N/A 

N/A 

Awards
Awards: None

It was another panel discussion for military history enthusiasts and students alike, held at the metropolis convention center. Animals came from all over, even outside of Zootopia, to hear these experts speak, and there were of course more than a few members of the military present to observe and ask questions when the discussion opened to the audience. There was a panel of 8, all being either ex-military or being professors of various studies of war, peace, and history. But, there was one particular guest that not many other panels around the globe could ever really get their hands on.

Spartak Alexeev was a true-blooded soviet combat veteran, something that definitely stood out from all the other Americans present. Not only did he have insight to the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, but he also had extensive knowledge of his father's struggles during the second world war. An energetic and jolly man, his contagious smile always seemed to fade whenever he was asked to regale about certain experiences, or offer his opinion on certain international military policy. Of course, he always advised those listening to take what he had to say in regard to political insight with a grain of salt. Despite his history as a political officer of the red army, he was no politician. But now, the event had ended. He had signed copies of his book, shook several hands, gotten pictures, all of that. He was always happy to do it, being the outstanding sort, but it was always nice to finally get away from the crowd.

Spartak said his final goodbyes to a couple of the doctors that had taken part in the discussion with him, the grinning wolverine zipping up his jacket before looking out over the wide and busy sector of central metropolis. Some vets would have preferred a quiet and easy life, away from the city. No... He liked busy. He loved busy. This city made his feel alive. That and the area around the convention center wasn't as tightly packed as most other spots. Plenty of potential spots to rest. Grab something to eat, maybe a drink... But he did have every intention of walking most of the way home. He had to keep in shape somehow, and usually his busy traveling schedule didn't allow for him to get much exercise. Walking was a good way to combat that, now that he had some considerable time to himself...

That, and you never know who you might run into.
PMEmail
^
Madelynn Katzanova
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 03:21 AM

ZC
I'm Played By Flakskader

Feline (House Cat, Charteaux) 

Paralegal Expert, President of NoahCorp ,High-Class Arms Dealer 

Awards

Of course, when it came to local events - Madelynn really did know how to make her presence known. NoahCORP made themselves known far before their visit to the panel. Of course, Madelynn had largely downplayed her involvement with the rather upsetting side of her country's history, largely boiling her official statement for attending being 'in respect' of her late father. In truth she was there for two reasons. First one being: Exercising some old demons. She owed it to herself, after all, to expel the latent taint her homeland had left on her and remember what it is that began the very family she serves so well to this day. A family that, in time, she hoped would hold the world within it's palm. The second reason? Mister Alexeev. A relic of the soviet age, one that knew very well of the hardships of that time, one that her father had mentioned plenty of times in his smokey, armchair rants about the old days. Any number of years ago, the only reason she would ever come here is to personally shoot the man who helped contribute to most of her father's errant ramblings...but, she had grown to respect the events of the past far more than in her youth.

She had never met the man in person. Earlier this month, she'd discussed a deal with his manager in order to give him a rather significant boost in funds. It made sense both publicly and privately. To the general public? Here was this face of change, this corporate giant who boasted peace and positivity across all nations...and she's sympathetic to her country's veterans too? She might as well have been kissing babies. The private reason? Paying homage to a man whom, inadvertently, might have lead to the empire she was continuing to build. The crowd had parted largely after her arrival. A black limosine often did attract the right amount of attention. There was no shortage of picture snapping and the inevitable exposure. Good. She needed exposure. Black dress, check, checkered ocelot print fur coat (fake, of course - who would be brutal enough to wear their own employees?), check. Sunglasses? Never. She looked the press - and her foes - in the eye. A bright smile and a bit of waving later, she entered the building with no less than five rather burly looking mammals in black suits. Bodyguards. With a few recent problems she'd been having with her...less public business, it was good to be prepared.

She kept herself quiet during the panel, of course, largely lost in the conversations - her mind wandered towards the many wars that had been fought over the years. Part of it gave her uncomfortable flashbacks. The rest was...unnervingly close to home. If her plans did ever come to fruition...would this be the result? Again? A war on the streets would not be any better. The discussions had flown by like a jet. She'd almost been whiplashed out of her trance when one of her aides shook her briefly after it's end. Madelynn righted herself, making her way after the veteran she'd come to meet, asking her guards to follow close and - well - gift her some privacy. As Spartak left, he would very likely find himself cut off on his way back home by the very same limo that came to the convention. The tinted windows rolled down, displaying Madelynn on the other end of the back seat as she lay comfortably back against the red velvet cushioning, her eyes glimmering with the dim light of her car - glinting with a feline mirth. " Dobriy den', Mister Alexeev. May I offer you a ride home? I heard it might start raining soon."
PMEmail
^
Spartak Alexeev
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 03:53 AM

ZC
I'm Played By N/A

N/A 

N/A 

Awards

That very generous boost of funds had been much appreciated, and it allowed him to travel quite a bit more than he was normally used to. But he got to meet many interesting people, and better yet, fill many eager minds with precious history! He always did wonder if he'd ever meet his corporate benefactor. Today he'd get his chance, even if he didn't know it at first.

The wolverine seemed off-put by the limo driving up next to him at first... Usually when this happened, some criminal mastermind was about to come face-to-face with the hapless character. Seems like someone might've seen too many American movies. Admittedly, they're much better than Russian ones... But he'd never say that.

Once the window came down, the feminine face behind that tinted glass brought a smile to his face. Oh, if only he were a bit younger... Even still, the old vet put a grin on his face, resting on the window once she had greeted him. "YA blagoslovlen. You are too kind to offer miss... Though my mother told me never to be accepting rides from lovely ladies" he joked, chuckling. Of course, he did have every intention of getting in, even if his cinema-savvy self screamed at him not to. Walking in the rain kinda sucks... A lot.

He did get into the limo soon enough, though of course making sure to wipe his feet and making sure he wasn't going to bump into anything on his way in. It's a nice limo! He'd feel bad if he did anything to ruin it. Having been settled in, he couldn't help but take a moment to size up this feline. Very well dressed, very photogenic. And she seemed... Familiar... With that thought, he realized he might've been staring a tad longer than appropriate.
"This is much appreciated, miss. Bol'shoye spasibo! But... I think you may have me at disadvantage. Have we met...? You know my name, so is only fair, da?" That smile never left his face, always happy to be in the company of someone knew. Of course, it remained to be seen if his joy would stay, depending on just who this was.
PMEmail
^
Madelynn Katzanova
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 04:16 AM

ZC
I'm Played By Flakskader

Awards

"Your mother was a wise woman. Us lovely ladies tend to be trouble." The smile she gave was far from it's typical variety. Usually it was plastic. Manufactured. Charismatic and polarizing. Otherwise, there was no shortage of wickedness to it. This time? It was far more pleasant, far more casual. The door was thankfully open for him, the driver having opened it up just as they pulled up. No one turned down a ride from Madelynn Clawden-Katzanova. Largely because she tended to sweet talk them into it. Of course, she wasn't very particular about any messes made in her limo. She could always get that cleaned. Besides, she'd soiled it with far worse when situations were dire. Of course, she always did love teasing anyone that came into her company. Even if they felt out of their element. Perhaps, in a way, it was to put them at ease. Why dress provocatively without any actual reason? It tended to appeal to anyone watching - including those far more material minded. Men were also fantastically easy to sway into one's favor that way. Thankfully, there was nothing to bump into save her handbag, which had been placed carefully between them.

His look of appraisal drew her attention. He wasn't the sort of man to focus on the limo first and then the woman. Very wise. No wonder he was still alive after all this time. She uncrossed her legs after his gaze lingered, keeping her eyes upon him as she would speak quite at ease. "I leave most people at a disadvantage, druzhishche. But only because people in large limos often have plenty to hide. We distance ourselves from our drivers, let alone our companions. Still, it is good to finally have you in my web, so to speak." She kept her smile, her tail gently swaying upon the seat, tapping it with it's tip again and again, her shoulders rising as a little shrug left her. "I believe we have." She offered her hand to him in an open gesture, speaking plainly. "Madelynn Clawden-Katzanova, President of NoahCORP. You knew my father, da?" She found it more prudent to switch to full on Russian, not wanting to have anyone that may be listening THAT privvy to the conversation...also to build up a bit more ease. "We met, if only briefly. You have me to thank for those new zeroes added to your funds this month. Let it never be said that my family does not take care of it's old friends." After letting him do as he pleases, she leans back again and sets a leg upon the seat, getting comfortable. Judging by the long and expensive looking white cocktail she had slotted into the door's built in holder, she was getting a head start. "Your speech today was quite enthralling, as was the rest of the discussion. Me being just a simple, privileged child, I can only imagine what that was like."

"Unfortunately, father survived that war - only to lose the one back home."
PMEmail
^
Spartak Alexeev
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 04:38 AM

ZC
I'm Played By N/A

N/A 

N/A 

Awards

He felt nothing but welcome in this limo, honestly. Comfort, a lady AND alcohol? Hell, he could live back here. Forget his apartment! Though he might have to wonder how far he might have gotten even if he did actually decline the ride the first time around... Would she have just followed him? They'll never know now. Her immediate response to his request for a name had him chuckling. Resourcefulness was not something he saw from people living in the lap of luxury these days. Then again... It's not very hard to find out who he is. Especially considering she likely had sat in during the panel discussion earlier today.

At the mention of being in the spider's web, he wanted to make a joke about hoping she doesn't suck him dry... But he refrained. That might be a bit much for initial conversation. Bad Spartak. Bad. "As crafty a spider as ever, I'm sure" he decided to complement instead. But once the hand and name came about, the wolverine's reach to meet that hand was halted a moment. He stopped to think a moment, again locking his eyes on her. That name... He immediately brightened after a moment of reflection, seizing her hand with as much force as his sudden laughter. "Yes!! Of course! Oh, your father... Wonderful man. Brave, loyal man..." the back of her hand was given a casual kiss before giving it back, the man all grins now as she continued. The hits just kept on coming! "Ah ha! I was wondering when I'd be able to put face to that donation! I don't think I could ever repay your kindness, but I would love to try"

So she was at the panel afterall? His visage took on a bit more of a serious look, but that hint of joy in the circumstances never really left him. "I am glad you enjoyed, and I'm sure your father had many stories to tell as well. Though it fills my heart with deepest sadness to hear his return home was troubled... Regrettably, I did not keep in contact after Red Army..."
PMEmail
^
Madelynn Katzanova
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 04:55 AM

ZC
I'm Played By Flakskader

Awards

Honestly Madelynn was surprised SHE wasn't making the sucking joke at that moment. She often caught people off guard with dirty jokes. It was particularly entertaining to catch the mayor or one of her CEOs in one of those, it practically sends them into a tizzy most of the time. Still, she was almost intimidated by the part where he paused. She wasn't sure what his reaction would be. Father always spoke highly of him, but, sadly respect does not always go both ways. That and, if anything, should he have his ear to the underground scene, he would know very clearly of what sort of person Madelynn was. That would cause anyone to have some pause before taking paws. The kiss was appreciated, though, and the happy gesture certainly seemed to relieve her of any unease. Gazing back at him, eyes piercing into his as she regarded him with a kindly grin. "With charm like that, I am surprised you do not have a lady by your side, Spartak...do you mind if I call you that? You can call me Madelynn if you wish." Now with the bounderies set, she felt a little more at ease, taking a sip of her drink after pulling it free. The sip was delicate and the smacking of her moist pink lips made it clear that it was a particularly good beverage.

"If you wish to repay me, continue doing what you are doing. Being a good influence to others. That is honestly what I need in this city - someone to warn others of the dangers of war...someone to help make the lives of our citizens a lot better - just as I hope to do in time." At least, that was what she hoped to convince people she wanted to do. Reality, sadly, was a mistress that came gently in the night and always bore a slim knife. "Father always found time to regale us with his experiences. Afghanistan changed him greatly, it made him a far more serious man compared to the boy he was. He had the courage to meet my mother because of your advise, so he tells me." She leaned aside, taking something from the minibar at the other end of the door, stretching herself along the ground and displaying a fantastic amount of flexibility for a cat in a dress, taking a freshly opened bottle of vodka - and not the trash they sold locally, the GOOD kind - and hooked a tall glass with the crook of her arm. She managed to balance them AND her drink well,setting them down and pouring him a nice tall one. No reason not to enjoy ... a lot of drink. She often had to.

"Father sadly became a very busy person after that. But if anything, the older generations act as a great example to the new ones." She offered him his drink, giving a spry little wink. "In a way, I hope to take after you one day and show the next generation just how great they can be...perhaps they can avoid making my mistakes in turn." A sad note, her voice far more serious - another sip helped to alleviate that. "Unfortunately, extended family brought us the disgrace of gathering the attention of certain...figures in the crime industry. A prime reason that my parents are no longer with us." That stare. The long, distant stare into oblivion. No woman should ever give that stare...

"But, I am not here to bring up the dead." She inhaled deeply, trying to summon back her smile, raising her drink to him. "How have you been finding Zootopia?"
PMEmail
^
Spartak Alexeev
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 05:21 AM

ZC
I'm Played By N/A

N/A 

N/A 

Awards

Casually seemed to dismiss her question, all smiles once again "Please, call me whatever you wish! A daughter of Ferdinand is like daughter of mine!" he was only half kidding, really. He'd met a few other veterans from his past, met their families. The only good thing to really come out of that war was how it brought the survivors so close together. "But... No, I have never found my soulmate. I was married to my country, and sadly she has passed on" Watching her drink did get liquor on the mind... Thankfully she seemed to be one step ahead of him, offering a drink once she had finished speaking. He of course made sure to silence himself and listen. That, and one had to take a moment to appreciate some feline flexibility.

"War is a horrid thing... Many nights I still see the faces of young men cut down in that merciless wasteland of sand... It makes one wonder if it was worth it" Of course, he had to wonder just what sort of stories their father told them. Spartak had seen a LOT of combat in Afghanistan... Many times he thought certain skirmishes were going to be his last... Wait, what was that about him meeting her mother? Tak seemed touched that her father had taken advice of his to heart... He just wished he could remember what it was. As a political officer there were many who came to him, either seeking or morale boost or just to have someone that might have an open ear. He took his drink from her, very grateful...

But, he was definitely going to need that drink, once he heard of her father's fate. "Chert voz'mi..." he mumbled, shaking his head. For a moment it seemed like he might genuinely have been about to cry. But, he snapped out of it, putting on a smile with her and raising the glass to meet hers. "This world is a lesser place with Ferdinand gone. Na rodinu..." he toasted before taking a good swig off his drink. He wasn't sure how many he was going to get, so he wanted to try and save it... At least a little bit.

On to happier subjects... Maybe he could tell her more about their experiences in the middle east together later on... If she wanted to hear it. "Oh, Zootopia is wonderful. Everyone, they are so kind in my building, and I so love the hustle and the bustle of the city. It makes me feel very much alive. I do not regret coming here, not for one moment. What about yourself, my dear? You are doing very well for yourself, yes?" he asked with a grin, gesturing to the limo all around him.
PMEmail
^
Madelynn Katzanova
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 05:45 AM

ZC
I'm Played By Flakskader

Awards

Madelynn did appreciate someone who toasted the dead. Even as she returned his toast, however, she felt a queer unease. She never toasted her father. She rarely spoke about him. He was a good man, once. But near the end, he'd become a ruthless killer. Not even his own family was safe. Perhaps, indeed, putting him in the ground was the best idea. Still, she would speak nothing of it. If there was anyone she appreciated not knowing the more criminal side of her career, it was this one. She returned his toast, taking a long swig of her drink before she would set it aside again, smacking her lips. That taste, it never got old. It helped with the pain. It admittedly acted up sometimes, old wounds burning at her body. Unfortunately, her dress could not cover all of them. They were often easy enough to explain, some sob story about being in a rough country and taking a knife to the leg. Or something heroic. "Ferdinand shall be missed." SHe concluded, letting loose a gentle sigh.

Right. Time for a better topic. "Zootopia is certainly a different place...just looking at how they specialized everything, it's absolutely fantastic. The infrastructure is almost mindbending , I have to say, the sense of community is fantastic... if a a little bit hectic at times. For me? It has been a paradise. I built my business here, I brought it over from the old country...and I have made it into something titanic." She gazed around herself for a moment, giving the slightest and most adorable of blushes. "Of course, I didn't do it on my own. I had plenty of help in the affair. I cannot imagine doing this without help, try balancing a young daughter and a corporation on your lap. Your legs will get tired." She chuckled to him, turning to briefly glance aside, right out of the window as she lounged there.

"Still, sometimes I wonder...with that fiasco involving predators a little while ago, how quickly this city can devolve into a full blown warzone. A little more and it would have turned into something very ugly. That is the power of the world we live in...the media has such a fine grasp on things." She flicked her eyes back towards his drink, choosing to sway the conversation again. "You certainly like my vodka. I'm pleased. Perhaps you would accept this silly young girl's invitation to have some drinks? I hear that it tastes fantastic at the top floor of a penthouse suite...if you think that is appropriate.""
PMEmail
^
Spartak Alexeev
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 06:07 AM

ZC
I'm Played By N/A

N/A 

N/A 

Awards

Spartak only remembered Ferdinand Katzanova of the 40th Army, a man who put himself before others many times in Afghanistan, and his efforts were rewarded with survival. For a time, it seemed. It was probably best that Tak didn't know the sort of monster that became of the man he remembered so fondly. As for Ferdinand's daughter... He imagined most animals at her level of success had some level of blood on their paws. That didn't bother him. Of course, he didn't know just how soaked her particular paws were. It was better that way. Better still that he didn't pay much mind to the criminal element of the city... Save for the odd mugger or burglar that tried to rip off the wrong senior citizen.

His watching of her stretching and... Among other observations, did yield the discovery of those certain scars... But he remained a gentleman and decided not to comment or ask. He didn't want to sully this trip with too many painful memories.

He had to agree... The level of detail and love put into each biome district was absolutely astounding. He wanted to know how they do it, but... He likely would never be able to understand. He was no engineer, nor was he a biologist. He could only look at it all from an outsider's perspective and see absolute beauty. He couldn't help but smile at the sight of her blushing, even chuckling a bit as he took another drink... Almost gone... Though he hoped he might be able to get another one. At the mention of the Nighthowlers incident did give him a bit of a shiver. It was the only time the animals in his neighborhood seemed to glare at him... Watch his every move... Granted, many of his neighbors were also predators, but during that time of uncertainty it was hard to say exactly who was safe.

Booze! That was a great way to take a painful topic away, and she had immediately piqued his interest! Though at her invitation was met way a bit of a coy snicker from the wolverine, setting his glass aside. "Most inappropriate, trying to accost a poor old man" he teased "Buuuut... I hear same rumors. Top of penthouse very good for flavor... not to mention the vodka you gift me is much better than swill others have drank with me in past" It looked like they were clear to go to her place and get their drink on!
PMEmail
^
Madelynn Katzanova
 Posted: Mar 3 2018, 10:01 AM

ZC
I'm Played By Flakskader

Awards

“Admittedly, I have been looking into recreating the technology that they’ve used to create the biomes. It’s actually a rather simple solution of atmospheric control and terraforming on top of Zootopia’s current foundations. Astoundingly, it’s colossal size lends plenty of assistance to it’s ability to house plenty of unique lifeforms.” It was all science talk, sure, but she did consider herself well educated and she did use her high qualifications to make a fine name for herself in the local technological circles. That was what her company was all about after all. Whilst she did like to play the illegal game, one had to balance both lives out – lest you miss out on something rather sizable. That and the money. You had to make plenty of money.

The blood on her paws, well that was best not mentioned. But the young feline was sure to hide it with her good intentions. Few fully expected her to be an angel after all. It took a while to fabricate just the right few incidents to make her look dirty enough. It was simple after all – people would expect a perfectly legitimate businesswoman to be moving for change. A few scandals here and there, an insensitive social media post – perhaps a few pictures of her getting intimately close with some figures of power. Just enough to keep her relevant without making her infamous.

Ahh, but the incident with the Nighthowlers was a perfect opportunity for her. With the resurgence of animosity, she offered shelter to those predators in need. With the fall of this hatred, she worked to fund concerts and set up public service announcements to help perpetuate the inclusion of predators and yet slowly pushed the agenda that they were being abused. Victimization would be a lucrative business venture in the future. How long would it be before prey would feel abused? Threatened? How long before the predators begin to fight back?

“I tend to be very liberal with whom I accost, if that is any consolation.” She bats a lid towards the older man, giving him a sly smirk. “You cannot enjoy the congress of the rich alone, sometimes it is good to get away from the high life…or mix it in with something old and familiar.” She reached aside, tapping a button at the top corner of the limosine’s back, speaking into a nearby speaker system in english. “Gaul, do be a darling and drive us home.” With the car changing it’s course , she was free to continue recounting her thoughts on the city until they got there.
PMEmail
^
Spartak Alexeev
 Posted: Mar 7 2018, 08:04 PM

ZC
I'm Played By N/A

N/A 

N/A 

Awards

Tak wasn't much of a scientist, but he at least understood the terms she was using. He'd followed the latest news and up-and-coming projects about settling on other planets and the like. As for recreating the tech, he had to shrug "Why not? If it has been done, it can be done again, yes?" Though he did have to wonder exactly what she intended to do with it. Build another city? Another corporate Zootopia? The thought gave him a shiver... But he didn't comment on his thought. Friends who want to stay friends don't discuss religion or politics, after all.

She had done well to hide just how blood-soaked her paws really were from the wolverine, it seemed. Sure, he might've seen pictures, or heard of something online, or some vaguely sketchy company policy... But in the end, it amounted to what most news does in the eyes of the American public. 'Who cares'?

"Well, I suppose that is alright. You have dangerous charm, Miss Katzanova. I'm guessing you did not get it from your father!" he laughed, enjoying the last of his first drink as they changed course. He would like to think of himself as old and familiar, though there were only a few folks in this city that really felt the familiar part. He knew he was a relic. A soldier to a dead country and a follower of a dying, malnourished system of government. But that's okay. It just means he can go out saying he remained true to his ideals.

He was most curious to see her home... Of course she imagined she must live most overtly, if her clothing, her personality, her car, anything was an indication.
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Downtown City Central | Next Newest »

New Poll

Affiliates are auto-hidden in mobile only. Show them?
Listed At...
RPG-D
Sister Sites
Static
Digimon: Kids in America Savagery RPG The Pride Lands' Guard: A Lion Guard Roleplay World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP Rise of the Believers A world unlike any other! The Bleach Society Role-Play Doutaini: Elemental Wolf RP Transformers Prime: Convergence Rise of the Realms Azelania Baraenor, Lion RP The Duality of Man: an animanga role-play RoyalsandRebels Vector

Click Here Invite Code to Discord