Home Guidebook Launch Discord Launch Stand-Alone Cbox Subscribed Topics Members Search Arcade

Welcome to Zootropolis Chronicles mobile mode!

HomeGuidebookAlertsSubscriptionsMembersSearchArcade

Stand-Alone CBOX Discord Chat - Get the App! (Android) I-Phone App Store

Return to the Home Page Read the Guidebook Log Into Mark of the Wild Register to the Forum View Forum Members Search for Content on Mark of the Wild Advertise on Mark of the Wild

Forum Rules The Heart of the City

Downtown city Central is the business heart of all of Zootopia. Unlike the other districts of the city, here all mammals roam freely. This is where all the state offices are located, including the Zootopia Police Department, the DMV and the Mayor's building.

Due to the nature and location of Downtown, it is frequent in activity and therefore having a heavy police presence. Parking regulations are strictly enforced and watchful eyes seek out members of either crime family, The Bigs and the Gulos.

Life here is fairly busy, the streets are always teeming with activity and police intervention can be seen in every corner of the city-scape. The climate is moderate and resources are plentiful. One will find that this section of the city is teeming with business -including many fine-dining restaurants, and attractions such as theaters and stadiums to hold special events.

New Poll

Could've Met A Better Way (Ragnr), Contains adult topics
Ahban Savarrah
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 09:55 PM

ZC
I'm Played By Blackbird

African Wild Dog 

Singer 

Awards
Awards: None

Could've Met a Better Way
Ahban * A. Wild Dog * Singer
Ahban was exhausted.

She'd pulled a very long shift today, from the moment the Club had opened until well after midnight. Her voice was sore from singing so long, and her legs were weak from dancing. She knew she likely looked a right mess in her thigh-length red dress; at least, she felt like one.

It was dark out, probably half past three, or maybe even four. She didn't know, she'd left her phone and watch at home today by accident.

As she walked down the street, her ears twitched, and the hair on the back of her neck rose. She could feel someone looking at her and, taking a moment, she looked over her shoulder. There was a figure behind her, but she couldn't make them out in the shadows. She could tell they were large, though.

And then suddenly, the animal moved. They lurched forward, bounding forwards on all fours. The Wild Dog yelped, and turned to run, but only made it a few paces before being pounced on. The other mammal, some kind of canid, was all she could tell, had landed heavily on her back, and its teeth were set deep into her nape. She yelped and cried out, but wasn't strong enough to prevent from being dragged into the nearby alleyway.

Content Restricted
This content is viewable to age-verified viewers only. Please see this page for more information.
@Ragnr | WORDS | NOTES

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Ragnr
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 11:31 PM

ZC
I'm Played By Dremulf

N/A 

N/A 

Awards

Lt. Governor Ragnr D. Nightwalker was not prone to moody midnight walks through the dirtier parts of town. Unless, of course, he was looking to vent some frustration. Normally this meant some dumbass trying to mug him, or walking up on a robbery.

This time it was something that even the normally cool, often described as cold, Retired Special Forces Officer, became hotblooded about.

When he heard the growl, and picked up the scent he rounded the corner, catching the still euphoric canid by the snout, and giving a twist that caused a sicken crunch to echo through off the walls of the alley, the offending male's scream of agony was cut short by the impact of his skull into the ground.

The massive, 6 foot plus, black wolf glared down at the now unconscious, possibly dead, rapist. He spit on the limp form and turned to the young African Wild Dog on the ground.

"You got any broken bones?"

His gruff voice was a defensive measure, an attempt to quell the snarling, blood-thirsty beast that roiled below thew surface, eager to rip the offensive male at his feet to pieces. He didn't wish to the scare the young thing.
PM
^
Ahban Savarrah
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 12:37 AM

ZC
I'm Played By Blackbird

African Wild Dog 

Singer 

Awards

Could've Met A Better Way
Content Restricted
This content is viewable to age-verified viewers only. Please see this page for more information.
@Ragnr | WORDS | NOTES

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Ragnr
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 09:28 PM

ZC
I'm Played By Dremulf

N/A 

N/A 

Awards

((Gotta close your Restricted Tags there))

Ragnr glanced down at the young female. Young? hmm, well when you were as old as he was, everyone under the age of thirty was young. He took note of how she was curled about herself. Not one for delaying action if at all possible, or prudent, he crouched down.

"I have a friend, a doctor, she can get you cleaned up, talk with you. If you feel like you can walk, that is fine, otherwise i can carry you."

For him, this was not a new behavior. He had met his late wife, the mother of his twin children, in much the same way.

@Ahban Savarrah
PM
^
Ahban Savarrah
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 01:23 AM

ZC
I'm Played By Blackbird

African Wild Dog 

Singer 

Awards

(Shit fixed that, apologies)

Her eyes met his for only a moment, ears flicking back against her skull. She wished he'd leave her be, alone in her shame, to clean herself off and lick her wounds. She just wanted to go home and accept her losses, go to work tomorrow, and forget this ever happened. The Wild Dog grimaced; she couldn't miss work tomorrow, she couldn't afford to risk losing her job.

The bitch flinched when the much larger canid crouched down, listening to his rumbling voice. She didn't want to go to a doctor, but she knew she needed to. Slowly, she nodded, before gathering her limbs under her. She yelped as there was a shooting pain in her ribs and right hip, staggering.
@Ragnr | WORDS | NOTES

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Ragnr
 Posted: Jan 11 2018, 07:32 PM

ZC
I'm Played By Dremulf

N/A 

N/A 

Awards

Ragnr growled low, anger pulsed into his chest like liquid fire in his veins.

"Thats a no then."

He bent slightly, and scooped her up, cradling her, gently. He often surprised others with how softly he handled the injured, and children. He was known for being the State's 'Iron Fisted Second in Command'. He was a military wolf, with decades of service under his belt, many of those records of his exploits were still classified, and some of those that were made public after the Open Government policy went into effect, were still heavily redacted.

But it did not take a genius to know that Ragnr Nightwalker had not been a mammaltarian. His skills with hand to hand combat were considered among the best of his age group, and a few others as well.

He moved swiftly, leaving the limp canine in the alley, ignoring the fact that the steady, if ragged, sound of the other male's breathing had stopped. He would, or he wouldn't. It was no longer the Patriarch of the Nightwalker Family's concern.

He used his Blutooth device to call Sadie Pines, asking her to meet him at the nearest place he could think of he knew was safe. His nieces place, she was a ZPD Sergeant, but would keep her mouth shut. She was also the go-to officer for the hookers in the area when they had an issue that needed to be handled without a big fuss being made.

"My Niece is an officer of the law, but worry about her pressing you to go talk to someone, she knows what goes on on these streets. But her home is perfectly safe, and the only place i know of, where you wouldnt be subjected to the noise of a wailing newborn, within this area."

His son's new daughter had some lungs on her.

@Ahban Savarrah
PM
^
Ahban Savarrah
 Posted: Jan 11 2018, 07:56 PM

ZC
I'm Played By Blackbird

African Wild Dog 

Singer 

Awards

The Wild Dog flinched at the sound of his voice, and yelped as she suddenly found herself scooped up into the massive wolf's arms. His grip was surprisingly gentle, for one who looked so imposing, hardly bothering her pains.

Her arm came up, attempting to hold her dress closed where it had been ripped, revealing her stomach and the patch of white fur on her chest. Her fur was sticky, and some of it on her sides was matted where her assaulter had scratched her sides with his claws.

The wolf kept a good clip, and she was so distracted she didn't notice the other canid stop breathing. She just wanted to go to sleep, and pretend this never happened. But the movements of the wolf prevented her from sleeping, although it didn't stop her from hiding her face in his chest.

Her large ears twitched as he began to speak, eyes darting up and seeing some sort of Bluetooth Device. Once she was content that he wasn't speaking to her, she hid her face in his chest.

But then he was speaking to her, and she looked up at him again. She was relieved he wasn't taking her to a hospital, but instead to a niece of his. It made her uncomfortable that she worked for the law, but she didn't have much of a choice. "I understand, thank you."
@Ragnr | WORDS | NOTES

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Ragnr
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 12:16 AM

ZC
I'm Played By Dremulf

N/A 

N/A 

Awards

Ragnr felt her bury her face into his chest, and a a sharp pain lanced through him. Not a pain of the body, but of the heart.

Lisa had done that same thing, when he had rescued her from that damned village. That backwoods, shithole, where 'village elders' were granted the 'first rights' of a young female. He had no regrets about killing about the entire adult population there. they had deserved it. Lisa, the first to ever actually make him feel like he was more than a killer. Later she had given him his son and daughter.

He carried the young Wild dog up the steps and into the building, hitting the button on the elevator for the third floor, he listened to the soft sounds of piano music drifting down from the fourth floor, where a German Shepherd and his Husky lover lived.

He stepped out into the foyer of Helena Cheknov's apartment, meeting his niece's eyes, he simply nodded, and she shook her head and moved to get what looked like a hospital bed out of the corner.

"Uncle Rags, this isnt exactly normal for you. Normally you would have just called me. Jessie got your heart all confused? I admit she's cute, but shes not so cute as to rattle your brains is she? Even if she is grandchild."

The massive black female wolf glanced at the Wild dog. She could have been mistaken for Ragnar's son, had her scent not given away the fact she was female, and her eyes not been a different shade of orange red.

The elevator pinged and a chocolate colored Pine Martin walked into the apartment, her face sour, and her eyes red rimmed, obviously from lack of sleep.

@Ahban Savarrah
PM
^
Ahban Savarrah
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 12:46 AM

ZC
I'm Played By Blackbird

African Wild Dog 

Singer 

Awards

The African Wild Dog took several deep breaths; while she felt she should be afraid, the scent of the wolf was strong, and felt comforting, not threatening in the least. She didn't want to imagine what would have happened to her if he hadn't showed up, but the thought made her shiver.

Ahban grimaced, pressing into the wolf as his pace changed, bouncing her slightly as he climbed some stairs. Her sensitive ears could pick up piano music, although she didn't know what song it was.

Her nose twitched as they walked into an apartment, catching the strong scent of a wolf. She peeked up from Ragnr's chest, seeing a she-wolf that could have been his twin, if not for her eyes being a different shade. Besides, she'd just called him 'Uncle Rags'. When the elevator pinged, she ducked down, pressing her face against the Wolf's chest; great, another person to see her shame.
@Ragnr | WORDS | NOTES

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Ragnr
 Posted: Jan 17 2018, 08:36 PM

ZC
I'm Played By Dremulf

N/A 

N/A 

Awards

Sadie Pines walked right up to Ragnr and, using the back of the couch to give her small body the height needed to look him dead in the eye, began ranting and lecturing him about leaving half dead mammals in alley ways.

"Don't try and play dumb with me either, you crusted over scab of a wolf! You call me, asking for a Level Three Assault Kit, from the same area of town as a call for a cracked skull, and a broken snout? If you're going to clean up the streets, LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR, then the least you can do is, actually kill the bastard."

The fiery , middle aged Fisher Cat grumbled as she opened up her kit and started pulling out cotton swabs, gauze pads and syringes, as well as 'insta-check' STD tests.

"Don't mind the old wolf, hes an idiot. How he made it to the rank of Colonel in the military is beyond me with a head as empty as his. Officer Cheknov, i suggest you start spreading a rumor around that Bloody Rose is back in business, it might deter further attacks like this."

She worked quickly, efficiently, cleaning up the AWD, and drawing blood for the tests.

"Good news is, you dont have any pre-existing STDs. More good news is, based on the fluid samples i took, your attacker didn't have any either. Bad news is, you are assuredly in heat, which is normal for this time of year, and given the recent rise in hybrids among the Canid sub Species, you might end up with pups, or cubs, I'm too tired to keep track. There isn't much that can be done about that, since the drugs to prevent the pregnancy can't be used while you are in heat, and by the time your heat cycle ends, you will be too far along to do anything safely."

Sadie looked at the young African Wild Dog.

"Think long and hard about this. Two of the three mammals in this apartment were raised in foster homes. I was adopted by a cop, Helena was raised in a State Home. There are literally hundreds of resources for you, including the Big dumb wolf over there. He runs a Youth Home, but his son recently started working with a charity to help young single parents."

Ragnr nodded.

"If need be, you can simply stay with me, until you come to a decision. I live in a large house, lots of room, and it gets lonely there sometimes."

By large house, he meant the small mansion he had been 'gifted' by a former enemy who was afraid of retribution.

@Ahban Savarrah
PM
^
Ahban Savarrah
 Posted: Jan 17 2018, 09:37 PM

ZC
I'm Played By Blackbird

African Wild Dog 

Singer 

Awards

The Wild Dog flinched back against the Wolf as the Fisher Cat began to yell, leaping up onto the couch to holler in his face. She'd never thought such a small creature could be so intimidating, but everything seemed intimidating as of now.

Her eyes widened, not having recognized the wolf. Lieutenant Governor? Good lord! And, from what she was saying, how many animals had he killed?

Ahban grimaced at the sight of the medical supplies the Fisher Cat started taking out, not wanting to be touched any more. But this was necessary, if she didn't want the rest of her life ruined.

Vaguely she wondered who Bloody Rose was, but was distracted by the prick of the needle in her arm. Her skin flinched with the Fisher Cats' touch, not enjoying being cleaned off. She'd rather do it on her own, in her own shower, that smelled of her and no one else, but here she was being cleaned off in front of everyone.

She relaxed when it was said that neither she nor her attacker had an STD, one less thing she'd have to worry about. Her face fell, however, as the other continued speaking. Pups? Her? No, no way! She could barely support herself, much less a litter. Nonononono, this couldn't be happening! Her breathing began to pick up, and she looked like she was going to either be sick, or faint.

Her paw dropped down to her stomach, and she whined softly. The words of the Fisher Cat soothed her, somewhat, and she looked at the Wolf pleadingly. "Can I stay with you? Please?"

@Ragnr

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Ragnr
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 04:38 PM

ZC
I'm Played By Dremulf

N/A 

N/A 

Awards

(I feel it should be noted, that Ahban has shot Ragnr right in the heart, hes a big softy lol)

Ragnr looked at the young wild dog, his felt a small catch in his throat, which he cleared with a stiff sounding Hmmph!

"I offered didnt i? I'll ask my Daughter to come over and check on you, when im at the office. Dont worry, the Nightwalker family has a long history of this sort of thing."

He glanced at his niece, the daughter of his late wife's sister, who had died of a combination Drug Overdose, and complications of her sexual activities. Another rescue of his. He had taken the family of three; his wife, her sister, and his mother in law.

"I'll make sure you get the care you need, as well as any pups that might come about. It should work out fine, my granddaughter will playmates anyway."

He nodded to Sadie who sighed.

"I'm prescribing you a preventative course of antibiotics, just in case your attacker had anything that didn't show up on the tests, which the only thing they dont cover is a bacterial STD called 'Fuzz Knot' on the streets. Not much of a noticeable effect on females. But on males it can cause a growth of fine fur on the penis. It can however increase the risk of UTIs and uterine infections. I'm also giving you a referral to a recent graduate of the ZU Trauma Psychology course. Troy is one of the best, and i trained her myself."

With that, the brisk doctor left.

Helena glanced at her uncle, and at the AWD on her couch.

"I've got Detective Morningstar coming over, to give you both a ride. no one fucks with her, not even me."

Luciel Morningstar, the Coyote detective, youngest in the history of ZPD, and notorious 'shoot first, figure out if the bad guy was armed later' cop. She was in charge of the Cold Case Department, and while known for being cold, those who took the time to get to know her, knew that was a result of her high intelligence, which left her feeling closed off from 'normal' mammals.

(Lu is another of my oddballs)

@Ahban Savarrah
PM
^
Ahban Savarrah
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 07:03 PM

ZC
I'm Played By Blackbird

African Wild Dog 

Singer 

Awards

The Wild Dog flinched as the other hmmph'ed, not sounding terribly happy. And she couldn't blame him; he'd probably just been heading home, planning on doing whatever he did every night, only to end up taking in a young stray.

She grinned at him almost apologetically, saying a soft, "Thank you. I don't know how I can ever repay you."

She looked at the doctor, nodding. Ahban prayed she wouldn't get anything; Fuzz Knot sounded disgusting. For a moment, she wondered what kind of affect it would have on a Hyena's pseudopenis, but turned back at the sound of the girl speaking.

Detective Morningstar? She'd heard of her, she was sure most mammals had. She was known for shooting criminals first and asking questions later. But hopefully it would keep her safe, she could rely on that.
@Ragnr | WORDS | NOTES

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Ragnr
 Posted: Jan 20 2018, 09:48 PM

ZC
I'm Played By Dremulf

N/A 

N/A 

Awards

Ragnr glanced at the young African Canine, seeing the way she had reacted to his tone.

"I'm not angry. I..have trouble with social interaction. I spent too long in the jungles you could say."

Of course, by in the jungles he meant he had spent nearly 6 years as a Prisoner of War. This tended to play hell with one's social skills.

"Hmm, Morningstar? Her father is an ass. One of the most corrupt politicians i have ever had to deal with. That coyote is living proof that blood doesnt make the mammal."

With Ragnr this statement was the equivalent of a normal, perfectly expressible mammal standing up and giving a round of applause.

"Hmm, we can wait for her down...oh...hmm. i dont think Helena has anything in your size, and you cant be walking around like that."

Helena stepped between him and the AWD, shooing him into the next room.

"Alright, i had to go downstairs and borrow some of Ang's stuff. It might be a little snug, shes a thin little thing. but shes about your height."

She set the folded set of sweats down, they still smelled floral from being washed.

"Dont mind uncle Rags. He spent a long time in a POW camp, and he wasnt exactly emotional before that. He's a good mammal, and he happens to love the little ones. He just struggles with expressing him. And he's still working on bridging the gap with his kids. Our family isnt exactly normal, if you can't tell. Just, be patient with him ok? Chances are he may well offer to let you stay forever, so that any pups you have wont have to experience poverty, or struggle."

The big black female wolf smiled, and it was an honest smile.

"Trust me, Uncle Rags wont be cruel. You will probably wake up to breakfast in bed, and being scolded for pushing yourself."

@Ahban Savarrah
PM
^
Sebastian Blackpaw
 Posted: Yesterday at 02:02 pm

ZC
I'm Played By Blackbird

Puma 

Police 

Awards

The Wild Dog looked at the male wolf, tilting her head as he spoke. She attempted a smile, to show he hadn't scared her too terribly, but it fell rather flat. The bitch couldn't help but wonder what he meant by jungles, though.

Her eyes widened as she realized what the wolf meant, and attempted to tug closed the ripped rags of her dress. Of course, there wasn't much left to cover her fur, so it was a useless motion.

"Thank you." she murmured to the she-wolf, hurrying to pull on the sweats. They were freshly cleaned, smelling pleasantly floral to her sensitive nose.

She looked up at the black she-wolf, who seemed to have a softer disposition than her uncle. "Oh, I didn't know." she felt pity for the male wolf; she couldn't image being held prisoner for years. She couldn't help but to smile, shaking her head. The she-wolf's smile put her at ease, and she relaxed some. "I can't imagine it."
@Ragnr | WORDS | NOTES

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Downtown City Central | Next Newest »

New Poll

Affiliates are auto-hidden in mobile only. Show them?
Listed At...
RPG-D
Sister Sites
Static
Digimon: Kids in America Savagery RPG The Pride Lands' Guard: A Lion Guard Roleplay World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP Rise of the Believers A world unlike any other! The Bleach Society Role-Play Doutaini: Elemental Wolf RP Transformers Prime: Convergence Rise of the Realms