Home Guidebook Launch Discord Launch Stand-Alone Cbox Subscribed Topics Members Search Arcade

Welcome to Zootropolis Chronicles mobile mode!

HomeGuidebookAlertsSubscriptionsMembersSearchArcade

Stand-Alone CBOX Discord Chat - Get the App! (Android) I-Phone App Store

Return to the Home Page Read the Guidebook Log Into Mark of the Wild Register to the Forum View Forum Members Search for Content on Mark of the Wild Advertise on Mark of the Wild

Forum Rules The Heart of the City

Downtown city Central is the business heart of all of Zootopia. Unlike the other districts of the city, here all mammals roam freely. This is where all the state offices are located, including the Zootopia Police Department, the DMV and the Mayor's building.

Due to the nature and location of Downtown, it is frequent in activity and therefore having a heavy police presence. Parking regulations are strictly enforced and watchful eyes seek out members of either crime family, The Bigs and the Gulos.

Life here is fairly busy, the streets are always teeming with activity and police intervention can be seen in every corner of the city-scape. The climate is moderate and resources are plentiful. One will find that this section of the city is teeming with business -including many fine-dining restaurants, and attractions such as theaters and stadiums to hold special events.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) New Poll

Could've Met A Better Way (Ragnr), Contains adult topics
Ragnr
 Posted: Jan 25 2018, 03:08 PM

ZC
I'm Played By Dremulf

N/A 

N/A 

Awards
Awards: None

Helena nodded as the AWD finished dressing and handed her a cheap disposable cellphone.

"Already activated, you got 90 days, unlimited calls and texts. Uncle Rags is programmed as the first speed dial, and my number is the second. If cant reach either one of us, the third number is my little cousin, Zephyr. He works for MuFal Shipping and Transport, but, Kalasin Mufala is well known for her work with the downtrodden and trafficked. She is a Hyena, so the two of you have a little bit in common at least, both being African Species."

She turned to the elevator as it pinged and a baked clay colored coyote stepped out, looking more than a little tired, and glaring angrily at her cell phone.

"Sergeant Cheknov, remind me to ask Citron to have words with Niko Glaus, he had the nerve to hang up on me. So you must be the Lost Puppy, Detective Luciel Morningstar, yes, like the Devil, but its actually a reference to a Native Coyote Mythology, just doesn't translate well into English you know?"

The coyote was clearly laid back, and even relaxed, a far cry from the rumored cold hearted psychopath.

Helena glanced at the AWD, and hoping to clear up any confusion, offered an explanation for the behavior.

"Her boyfriend returned from a business trip, so she's been in a good mood. This is a good thing, no male has ever before kept her interest for more than a week, and this guy is on her mind 24/7, and has been for nearly half a year."

Ragnr stepped out of the other room, fastening a pistol to his belt. The old, battle scarred M-1911 had obviously seen some use, and Ragnr made the otherwise unusual get up of business suit, and holstered firearm look natural, and almost normal.

"Ready to go?"

@Ahban Savarrah
PM
^
Ahban Savarrah
 Posted: Jan 25 2018, 10:57 PM

ZC
I'm Played By Blackbird

African Wild Dog 

Singer 

Awards

Could've Met a Better Way
Ahban * A. Wild Dog * Singer
The Wild Dog stared at the wolf as she was handed a cheap cellphone, completely stunned. Why were they doing all this for? They didn't even know her. "Thank you," she gasped, bowing her head gratefully. "I'll never be able to repay all of you."

The girl turned at the sound of an elevator pinging, seeing a tired looking coyote glower at her phone as she walked out. The Coyote was quick to speak, and it took her a minute to process it. Wait, had she been called a Lost Puppy?

Her confusion was cleared up some by Helena's explanation, and she tried for a grin. "That's... good?"

Then the massive black wolf stepped back out, with a firearm fastened to his belt. He looked even more intimidating, but somehow it fit him. "I am. Thank you all so much." she bowed her head again.
@Ragnr | WORDS | NOTES

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Ragnr
 Posted: Jan 26 2018, 04:09 PM

ZC
I'm Played By Dremulf

N/A 

N/A 

Awards

Helena looked at the young wild dog and laughed.

"You dont pay us back. You pay it forward. Nightwalkers have been doing this for generations, and we surround ourselves with mammals of a similar mindset. The phone is provided through a Domestic Abuse Program, so it didnt cost me anything. My aunt, Lisa, was hurt much like you were, before Uncle Rags came and took her and my mother and grandmother away from that shithole in Russia."

Ragnr reached out to help Ahban to her feet then paused.

"I never got your name."

@Ahban Savarrah
PM
^
Ahban Savarrah
 Posted: Jan 28 2018, 10:04 PM

ZC
I'm Played By Blackbird

African Wild Dog 

Singer 

Awards

The Wild Dog's ears twitched at the sound of the she-wolf's laugh, and she attempted a grin. Despite not saying much, Helena gave her a good amount of information; she hadn't even known there were Domestic Abuse Programs, much less ones that gave out phones. And Rags (Ragnr?) did this often. And they'd come from Russia? That would explain their intimidating demeanour. She accepted Ragnr's help, getting to her feet. "Oh," she said, rather startled, surprised to realize he was right, "My name is Ahban."
@Ragnr | WORDS | NOTES

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Ragnr
 Posted: Jan 30 2018, 04:19 PM

ZC
I'm Played By Dremulf

N/A 

N/A 

Awards

Ragnr nodded and helped her to her feet.

"Just call med Ragnr. None of this Mr. Nightwalker crap. Now then. Is there anything you need? A Special diet perhaps? Clothing of course is on the list, but that will wait for the morning."

He lead the way to the elevator, nodding to Detective Morningstar.

"So, how bad off is the bastard?"

Luciel glanced at the Lt. Governor.

"Coming down off a world class high. Tested positive for Meth, Heroin, and PCP. There was even trace amounts of canine urine in the sample."

The joke was delivered in a dry tone, but Ragnr still managed a chuckle.

"Well, i hope the broken snout teaches him to lay off the drugs."

There was no remorse his voice.

@Ahban Savarrah
PM
^
Ahban Savarrah
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 08:05 PM

ZC
I'm Played By Blackbird

African Wild Dog 

Singer 

Awards

The Wild Dog smiled as the larger canine helped her to her feet, inclining her head politely. When he corrected her on what to call him, she would nod again. "Alright then, Ragnr." She took a moment to think, before saying. "I'll eat anything, pretty much. I'm not picky at all."

She tailed Ragnr over to the elevator, tilting her head as he addressed Detective Morningstar. 'The bastard?... oh, him.' She frowned, shaking her head. However, she couldn't help but to listen interestedly, wondering if there was a reason for him to attack her other than falling into a Heat haze.

Meth? Heroin? And PCP? No wonder he'd gone beserk.

She snorted at Ragnr's reply, agreeing wholeheartedly. "Me too." she'd grumble, frowning. Damn! She wished she'd gotten a good look at him.
@Ragnr | WORDS | NOTES

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Ragnr
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 09:20 PM

ZC
I'm Played By Dremulf

N/A 

N/A 

Awards

Lu glanced at the AWD.

"You know, normally the females in your situation ask how much it would cost to have me finish the job. You get points for not asking. Also, you hungry? I could go for some Chinese right now. Ragnr's buying, since he called me over here right after my shift ended. Not like he cant afford it."

Her tone suggested she was friendly, but also serious about Ragnr owing her for this. The whole exchange was punctuated by a loud gurgling sound that was the coyote's stomach.

"See? I'm starving to death over here, putting long hours dealing with the Special Victims side of things. I'm a cold case detective, and now they have me working active cases? Come on!"

Ragnr could only laugh, a soft, but rough sound.

"Alright, we can get food. but im not set on Chinese, unless its from Two Pandas, because they make the most amazing Orange Chicken i have had since i was in Vietnam."

@Ahban Savarrah

((sorry for the delay, my first post was apparently eaten!)
PM
^
Ahban Savarrah
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 01:07 AM

ZC
I'm Played By Blackbird

African Wild Dog 

Singer 

Awards

THREAD TITLE
The Wild Dog's ears flattened agaisnt her skull at the coyote's words; she couldn't imagine putting a price on someone's head. No matter how bad someone was, they still had emotions, hopes, dreams, and people they cared for and that cared for them. It wasn't up to her who lived, or died.

"I can't imagine doing that." she frowned, shaking her speckled head. Hearing the other canine speak, her stomach decided to answer for her, grumbling loudly. She flushed, putting a hand over her stomach, but couldn't help but to laugh quietly as Lu's stomach gurgled as though in sympathy. "I am."

Thankfully, Ragnr agreed, adding with a laugh that Two Pandas made the most amazing Orange Chicken he'd had. "I'm alright with whatever you two want, I'll eat anything."
@Ragnr | WORDS | No worries!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Ragnr
 Posted: Feb 20 2018, 01:50 AM

ZC
I'm Played By Dremulf

N/A 

N/A 

Awards

(sorry for the delay, my alerts are on the fritz so i JUST found out you replied...)

Ragnr chuckled and nodded to Lu, who shook her head, but made no argument. she would have preferred China Express, since it was all you can eat, and even if she was banned for life after the last visit, if she came with the Lt. Governor, they wouldnt be insane to refuse her. Dont call it all you can eat, if you cant handle someone eating their fill!

Lu's car was an impressive looking thing, if only because it seemed as if it shouldnt run. On the outside it looked sun faded, and bordering on rust. But its interior was made of what at first glance was plastic, but proved to be soft crocodile leather, and when she started the engine there was a quiet roar of power. Despite the obvious strength of the motor, there was almost no vibration from it.

"Got this baby from an auction, kitted her out to look like trash so one would want to steal her. Buckle up sweety, i push the limit."

The drive to Two Pandas would have normally taken around 45 minutes. Lu managed it in about half that. Using short cuts, and hitting the upper limits of the street Speed restrictions.

"so, how ya doin?"

The coyote Grinned at her passengers. When Ragnr stepped out of the car, circling to open the door for Ahban, Luciel offered a quick sad smile and spoke softly.

"You ever want to talk about, you feel free to give me a call. I've been where you are now."

@Ahban Savarrah
PM
^
Ahban Savarrah
 Posted: Feb 24 2018, 12:50 AM

ZC
I'm Played By Blackbird

African Wild Dog 

Singer 

Awards

The Wild Dog followed the other two canines out to Lu's car, taking a moment to look it over. ...was it street safe? Could it even run? It looked like it should be rusted, on the very edge of it. But, despite her hesitation, as soon as she saw Lu and Ragnr getting in, she got in as well. The inside, thankfully, was more reassuring than the outside. The seat at first could have been plastic, but after a moment she realized it was crocodile leather. She'd never felt it before. And the engine roared quietly, but didn't vibrate.

Ahban took a deep breath and hurried to buckle up. She didn't much fancy the idea of dying in a car crash on this day. That would be terribly unfair. And she was glad she did, her heart racing as Lu drove faster than she'd have thought the car could go, taking short cuts she didn't know existed.

The Wild Dog was surprised when Luciel addressed her, offering the coyote a shy smile. "...thank you, I really appreciate it."

She had to take a breath before she could undo her seat belt with shaking hands, stepping out as Ragnr opened the door for her. "Thank you," she panted, eyes wide and fairly panicked. That was not an experience she wanted to repeat again.
@Ragnr| WORDS | NOTES

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Ragnr
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 07:30 PM

ZC
I'm Played By Dremulf

N/A 

N/A 

Awards

Ragnr nodded and helped her to her feet as she climbed out of the car. Despite the restaurant being a relatively 'low star' place, there was still a small crowd gathered outside. Of course most of them were there because the Lt. Governor was known to frequent the place, and they were of course there to meet him. Not that he had any intention of dealing with the majority of them.

The mammals all had different reasons for being there of course. And it was easy to see they came in two general groups.

The Political/Religious advocates who wanted him to push some new law or reform were revealed by their business suits and traditional clothing. They kept their distances simply calling his name.

The other group however...This group consisted of females, wearing almost suffocating amounts of perfumes, dressed like 5 buck street corner prostitutes, and their goal was obvious, seduce the presumably wealthy Lt. Governor.

As the first of these opportunistic females approached him he fixed her with a glare and the Doberman female quickly retreated, as did the rest of them. Of course among the 2 general groups there were others who did not fall into either category. One of them was a young Sheltie pup, in her early teens perhaps, with a long furred blue merle coat.

This young female boldly strode up to Ragnr and held out a notebook, her eyes flashing with a little bit of anger.

"Uncle Rags! You promised to help me with my report for Political Sciences!"

The big black wolf flinched, then laughed.

"So i did, Kimberly. Can you please head back to Helena's for now though? And i hope you didnt come out here alone. that dog, Bones is it? He's around isnt he?"

The Sheltie glared Ragnr and huffed.

"I'm not stupid you know. Bones is over at the music shop, but i saw Lu's car and i knew you were in it. She never comes down her unless you call her."

He stooped down and patted her head, smiling, which drew some appreciative chuckles from most of the gathered crowd.

"Alright, ill have Grace pick you up, and bring you to my office tomorrow, so i can help with that, i promise."

He stood and looked over at Ahban as the pup walked away shaking her head.

"I'm sorry, thats Kimberly, although she usually prefers KC. She wants to be a musician, but she also wants to be a politician. At 13 years old."

He still had that smile on his face, revealing that his one true weakness was children.

@Ahban Savarrah

(Sorry for the delay, between work and my muse being mean)
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Downtown City Central | Next Newest »

Pages: (2) 1 2  New Poll

Affiliates are auto-hidden in mobile only. Show them?
Listed At...
RPG-D
Sister Sites
Static
Digimon: Kids in America Savagery RPG The Pride Lands' Guard: A Lion Guard Roleplay World of Remnant - An AU RWBY RP Rise of the Believers A world unlike any other! The Bleach Society Role-Play Doutaini: Elemental Wolf RP Transformers Prime: Convergence Rise of the Realms Azelania Baraenor, Lion RP The Duality of Man: an animanga role-play RoyalsandRebels Vector

Click Here Invite Code to Discord